The Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) to Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Bridge course upgrades the WAFA to a WFR in 4 days. This course must be taken within 3 years of receiving the Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA) International WAFA certification or an equivalent from another provider.
Looking to recertify your WFR certificate or equivalent course? Click here.
We have partnered with Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA)
For these medical courses, we partner with WMA. Wilderness Medical Associates has set the standard in wilderness medicine for over 30 years. Their thought-provoking curriculum is updated by a group of healthcare professionals and is recognized around the world.
Course Information (Bridge)
The course will be both in class and outdoors. The course will be held in and around Crowsnest Pass. More specific details will be sent out in the student handbook after registration.
This course is taught by highly trained WMA professionals in the medical industry.
Students must be at least 16 years or older. If under 18 years of age, written consent is required by the parent or guardian.
Must have a current WAFA certification received within 3 years of the Bridge course.
Students will have access to the pre-course assignments 2-4 weeks prior to the course. Students should complete the study guide in preparation for the course. It was designed to familiarize students with the essential points in the curriculum. Instructors will collect it at the beginning of the course, but it will not be a part of the final grade.
* Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practitioner
* The Field Guide of Wilderness Medicine & Rescue
* Wilderness Medicine Workbook
* SOAP Notebook
* Wilderness First Responder Class Notes
Spring / Summer Session: June 24 – 27, 2020
Fall Session: October 28 – 31, 2020
Cost: $525 + GST/person
Certification is valid for 3 years.
To recertify your current WMA International WFR certification, you can take an Open Recertification course within 3 years of original certification, or retake the WFR course.
* Patient Assessment System
* Circulatory/Respiratory Systems
* PAS Drills
* Basic Life Support (Healthcare Provider-Level CPR)
* Nervous System
* Spine Management
* Patent Immobilization
* Litter Carries and Belays
* Emergency Childbirth
* Allergy and Anaphylaxis
* Altitude or Diving
* Near Drowning
* Search and Rescue
* Traction Splints
* Improvised Litters
* Simulation and Debrief
* Backcountry Medicine
* Medical Kits
* Synthetic or natural insulative layers for outdoors
* An outer shell, including pants and rain gear (we will be outside rain, snow, or sunshine)
* Outdoor footwear
* Comfortable indoor shoes or slippers
* Sun hat
* Watch (for taking vitals)
* Something to sit on outside (i.e. chair, thermorest)
* Bug repellent
1. If you cancel 14 days or more prior to the program starting, all course fees will be returned except for a $25 administrative fee.
2. If you cancel less than 14 days prior to the program starting, then a refund will NOT be issued.
3. No transfers are offered on or after 7 days prior to the course start date. A $25 administrative fee will be charged on all transfers.
4. If the program is cancelled by Uplift Adventures, a full refund will be issued.
DISCOVER THE ROCKIES WITH A LOCAL EXPERT
Based in Crowsnest Pass, AB
Actively operating in Waterton Lakes National Park & Castle Provincial Parks
Operates throughout the Canadian Rockies
Customize your adventure with us!